LATE/ LATTER / LATEST RULES OR PRACTICE EXERCISE WORK SHEET

RULES OF LAST /LATTER/LATEST

Rules :--

 Last is easy to understand. It is the opposite of first.
Example : Meera is the last passenger of the bus.
We can use it to discuss the time of the past.
Example : I went to Agra last week.
Latter -- It can be used describe something occurring near the end or belonging to the final stage.
Example Hindi songs  are more interesting in the latter half of the decade.
It refer to last item of the series.
Example
Latest means most recent 
Example What is the latest news.


PRACTICE EXERCISE


  1. She will talk you .............
  2. The ........ part of the story was boring.
  3. Our leader liked the  ............ suggestion.
  4. The former part of the play was bit boring than the .........
  5. We are ....... than he expected.
  6. Meera was happy when she got a job but a year ...... she was fired.
  7. Children are not hungry so they will have dinner .........
  8. Marry do his best to win , she finished .........
  9. The ........ news from the cricket is very interesting.
  10. My friend has two son , the former is cricketer and ....... is a doctor.
  11. ......... time she saw me, I was going to office.
  12. Why are you coming so ..........? We have been waiting for you.
  13. We want to Delhi .......... week.
  14. She was the ....... girl to buy ticket in ticket window.
  15. The ...... is the more expensive of these two mobiles.
  16. Amitabh's .......... movie was released yesterday.
  17. This is the .......... time  he is warning his students.
  18. Nelson's ............. words were ,:Thank you God , I've done my duty."
  19. He is answering my .............. letter and hope to be doing well.
  20. Ram has two girls. The former was teacher the ................... doctor.
  21. I think the ........time , I saw hindi movie.
  22. They met me in 2019 in the ....... days of the year.
  23. She left his meeting  at the ........ minute but managed to catch the train on time.
  24. Geeta is ....... than her teacher expected.
  25. She haven't play her ......... match .
  26. Coach says that Their ......... match is better than their last one.
  27. Have you seen Amitabh's ........... movie.
  28. The ........ stories of this book are not very interesting.
  29. I have learn every subject except the .......  subject Hindi.
  30. She bought this car ...... year.

Answer:

  1. She will talk you later.
  2. The latter part of the story was boring.
  3. Our leader liked the  latter suggestion.
  4. The former part of the play was bit boring than the latter
  5. We are later than he expected.
  6. Meera was happy when she got a job but a year later she was fired.
  7. Children are not hungry so they will have dinner later
  8. Marry do his best to win , she finished  last.
  9. The latest  news from the cricket is very interesting.
  10. My friend has two son , the former is cricketer and latter  is a doctor.
  11. Last time she saw me, I was going to office.
  12. Why are you coming so late? We have been waiting for you.
  13. We want to Delhi last week.
  14. She was the last girl to buy ticket in ticket window.
  15. The latter is the more expensive of these two mobiles.
  16. Amitabh's latest movie was released yesterday.
  17. This is the last time  he is warning his students.
  18. Nelson's last words were ,:Thank you God , I've done my duty."
  19. He is answering my latest letter and hope to be doing well.
  20. Ram has two girls. The former was teacher the latter doctor.
  21. I think the last time , I saw hindi movie.
  22. They met me in 2019 in the last days of the year.
  23. She left his meeting  at the last minute but managed to catch the train on time.
  24. Geeta is latter than her teacher expected.
  25. She haven't play her latest  match .
  26. Coach says that Their latest match is better than their last one.
  27. Have you seen Amitabh's latest  movie.
  28. The latter stories of this book are not very interesting.
  29. I have learn every subject except the last subject Hindi.
  30. She bought this car last year.

Comments